PDA

View Full Version : Taking pictures in Beijing

TheG1
04-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi TE's
I'm planing a trip to Bejing, and i was wndering how safe it was to travel with an SLR in the streets.
And i will be happy to get some tips (any)..

Thanks

stiginthedump
04-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I guess as safe as most cities qround the world. I've travelled to many asian cities with an SLR and never had a problem. Is it safe to carry one in Israel?

TheG1
04-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks!
and yes, its very safe in Israel...

stiginthedump
04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
beijing is pretty much like most places. There are risky places and safe places! But do have fun, and nice photos from Israel by the way!

Mondo
04-12-2006, 04:29 AM
Hi Amir,

About ten years ago I walked about in Bejing with a Mamiya RB67, lenses and tripod. Just use your common sense. Treat people with respect. Interact with the locals whenever you get a chance. DO NOT: Photograph military or police or even the unusual site of a beggar. If you do, chances are you will draw some unfriendly attention from the authorities. Just relax.

Good luck

Des.

PeterC
04-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Amir,
I travelled in China at the end of 2005 and had no problems. If you are sensible and dont go flashing your equipment around you should'nt have a problem. I would avoid carrying your camera in a camera bag with any of the major manufacturers on it though to try and reduce the already low risk. I find that most Asian countries are actually safer than the West i think maybe its because they have far less drug realted crimes.
Cheers
Peter

fayeulle
04-13-2006, 01:08 PM
It's not a problem to travel with your SLR in China
In all countries there are robbers. Be carefull and take care of your equipement. Always handle the case !
Cheers
JP