PDA

View Full Version : photos with no notes

timmiles
09-11-2003, 11:02 PM
come one people make some effort! educate me!

It is often the photos with no notes that seem to contravene the TOS of trekearth the most - for example a mother holding a baby, or a violinists elbow. Lovely, great photos, but what do they tell me about the place where they were taken? Not a lot!

Some photos tell a 1000 words, but please it really annoys me when people put up a photo not in the spirit of the site, with no note - it is lazy, and I assume they are expecting feedback as well?

Bayleaf
09-12-2003, 07:04 AM
I agree. If one can't be bothered to add even just a few words about the shot, then I'd prefer they didn't post it. Unless of course, it is absolutely unmistakeable what the shot is about. Even then though, I'd prefer to hear something about it.
If the issue is not speaking fluent English, then write in your native language. We can always use an online translation tool to get the basic idea.

dsidwell
09-12-2003, 08:10 AM
Half the fun of seeing photos is the stories behind them. I love to learn about the world on this site, so I love comments that put the photo in context, even if it doesn't need it. I also like reading comments about how the shot was taken; that gives me ideas and I can learn about photography, too.