PDA

View Full Version : New Scavenger Hunt Area

adam
06-06-2004, 10:00 AM
A new Scavenger Hunt area has been implemented, replacing the previous Themes based scavenger hunt. To view it, please click 'Gallery' and then the <a href="/scavhunt.php">Scav Hunt</a> tab, located next to the Themes tab.

Some of the new changes and features:

1. Ability to browse all items in a hunt by member.
2. Ability to browse all photos for a specific item.
3. A stats page to see how many items each member has completed, and a list and optional description of each hunt item.
4. All hunts are archived for easy viewing later on.

To kick off this new scavenger hunt feature, a great new hunt has been kindly created by <a href="/members/Darren/">Darren</a>. He also came up with the hunt idea, as well as coming up with the now archived April hunt. Please see <a href="/read.php?f=1&t=18806&m=35886">this thread</a> for his posts on the hunts.

Note that the idea behind the scavenger hunt is to motivate us to get out and take some new images. And so all photos posted to a hunt must be taken during the hunt time frame.

Please let me know if you find any problems or have suggestions on how to improve this new Scavenger Hunt feature. Thanks.

Vagabond
06-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Dear Friends

Congratulations for your nice idea.
How many pictures is it possible for one member to post in any of the items suggested in any Hunt? I tried to post a second picture in a given Item (Reflections) and it was refused by your Computers.

Kind regards

Rui Monteiro Santos (Vagabond)

adam
06-09-2004, 12:01 AM
"I tried to post a second picture in a given Item (Reflections) and it was refused by your Computers."

It's one post per item.

mdchachi
07-06-2004, 07:28 PM
> And so all photos posted to a hunt must be taken during the hunt time frame.

Do you mean "taken and uploaded"? If I take four hunt pictures on 7/31 for the summer '04 hunt, I won't be able to get all of them into the hunt, right?

adam
07-07-2004, 09:54 AM
"If I take four hunt pictures on 7/31 for the summer '04 hunt, I won't be able to get all of them into the hunt, right?"

Yes, that's right.

langaloo
07-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Making it longer, I just bought my first digital camera, please.

dom_inik_m
07-19-2004, 11:44 PM
This message may look utterly stupid or ignorant, but I can live with that!
All information I've been able to gather concerns how to see submissions to the scavenger hunt. But all options I've yet been proposed refers to what I'd call "normal" features of Trek Earth (as far as I've been able to pick up), like genre or categories... and everything I've read or infered seems directed to some happy fews (a lot of them, I agree), not to brand new potential participants unfamiliar with the rather cryptic navigation of this Web site.
So... how do I post pictures refering to this particular matter?
12 images to transfer, 13 days to go : a real challenge, from now on! Please let me know... ;-)

adam
07-19-2004, 11:48 PM
"how do I post pictures refering to this particular matter?"

Click 'Add to Hunt' link towards top-left while viewing the photo you'd like to add to the hunt.

dom_inik_m
07-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks a million for your almost faster than the speed of light answer! ;-)
But the solution is still tricky in terms of ergonomy andwould require some serious thinking to optimize it.
Well, I need to finalize my image, now.
More to come, soon. At least, I hope...

adam
07-20-2004, 12:17 AM
OK, I'll have my UI team take a look at it and see if they can make it more user-friendly in the future. Thanks. :)

Gankaku
09-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Suppose we take some images for the hunt - say it goes in the Against all odds category. How do we submit it for that and for the hunt? Is there a way we can specify the photo to go into the hunt categories ourselves?

mdchachi
09-09-2004, 10:18 PM
You have to add your photos yourself. See an <a href="http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=4&t=19574&m=45988">earlier response</a> in this same thread.

farangsam
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
As these posts are all a couple years old and all the hunts in the gallery are closed, have the scavenger hunts stopped? Is it likely one will be started anytime soon?

jassy
09-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Sam,

Actually, there are a couple of recent threads on this subject in the General forum, all asking the same question as you -- when will there be a new Hunt?

Many people are interested in a new Hunt, but nothing has been heard from Adam in answer to our many queries. We are all hoping that there will be a new Scav Hunt soon!

Jackie

bjtindle
12-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Is there currently a scavenger hunt taking place? I ask because the last post in the thread that I can see is June of 2006....also when/if participating in a scavenger hunt where do you find the categories?? Thanks!

Betty

bjtindle
12-06-2006, 10:55 AM
I found all the info, thanks!!

digitss
08-24-2009, 04:39 AM
We have in stock, the availability of the New / Latest phones ranging from … All various models of BlackBerry handphones, Nokia N96 Smartphone 16GB, Sony Ericsson X1 Xperia, Apple iPhones 3G phone, Samsung i900 OMNIA 16GB.

They are all brand new with the complete accessories in original factory sealed box 100% original and comes with 12 months international warranty. .

digitalworld84@hotmail.com
mshelven@yahoo.com

( Store Promotional Sales Offer - Buy 2 Units And Get 1 Unit FREE )

Apple Iphone 3G 8GB $260USD
Apple Iphone 8GB $240USD
Apple Iphone 4GB $200USD
Apple iphone 3G 16GB $280

Nokia N96 (16GB) ....$340USD
Nokia E90 ...$280USD
Nokia N95 8GB $270USD

Samsung i900 Omnia 8GB.$260USD
Samsung i900 Omnia 16GB.$280USD

Sony Ericsson C905 $280
Sony Ericsson XPERIA™ X1 Solid Black $300usd

Blackberry Bold 9000 at $270USD
Blackberry Curve 8320 at $200USD
Blackberry 8830 $240USD
Blackberry Storm 9500 Touch Screen at $290USD

Package Contents
Blackberry Storm 9500
Battery
Mains Charger
Software CD
Data Cable
Carry Case

BONANZA:
Buy 2 units and get 1 unit FREE.
Buy 5 units and get 2 unit FREE including shipping.

NOTE: These phones is 100% UNLOCKED and can be used with any SIM card. No activation required (check carrier frequency requirements) Insert Your SIM CARD and start using the phone.

Shipping Method: FedEx / DHL

Delivery time: within 3 working days

Please contact us for more information and purchase inquiries:

digitalworld84@hotmail.com
mshelven@yahoo.com
IN GOD WE TRUST

For Sale : Brand new Unlocked Apple iPhone 3g 16gb,N96 and Blackberry Bold 9000