PDA

View Full Version : workshops

billyt
08-31-2003, 02:51 PM
I would like some advice on using the workshop facility properly.
Do you just copy the image and paste into Photoshop, do the work and re-post or is there a better way to do this.

Whats this neat image software?

Thanks Bill

Darren
08-31-2003, 03:21 PM
It sounds to me like your method for doing workshops is the same as mine, more or less. I dunno any other ways to do it.

As for NeatImage, it is a noise reducing software, which can be very, very useful, and there is a free version available, or more powerful versions for sale. Just go to their webpage, www.neatimage.com. Also, in the Tips-Techniques forum, Adrian has started a thread, and I have mentioned a tip I use for controlling the Neat Image effect. It is great software, and since it is free, everyone should try it out.

billyt
08-31-2003, 03:28 PM
Thanks Darren for your help, will certainly find the neatimage and try it.

regards Bill

ninadev
08-31-2003, 03:58 PM
Better than copy and paste, you should right click on the image (once opened from the thumbnail) and "save image as". Put it in a folder and then you can open it in Photoshop. Don't make the mistake to save it from the thumbnail as I once did, it will then be only a very small file difficult to work with. I made a folder named Photoshop where I place all the photos saved from TE. Before working on it make a duplicate (Image/duplicate) so you can compare to the original from time to time and you will always have your original copy untouched.

billyt
08-31-2003, 04:37 PM
Good tips Nina thanks I will try both.

Bill

nmess
08-31-2003, 08:15 PM
If I make another suggestion... when you click on "save as", chose the bmp (bitmap) file format, this way you won't have to deal with jpeg issues until you're ready to post the workshop.

AdrianW
08-31-2003, 08:19 PM
Of course if you're planning to run it through the free version of NeatImage you're better off with JPEG, as that's the only format the free one supports ;-)

Mike
08-31-2003, 08:44 PM
Not quite true Adrian, the free version will load in various formats, but only save in JPG,(at least my version does!) :)