PDA

View Full Version : to Adam

forlife
08-30-2003, 11:06 AM
i posted a shot than after a few minutes decided to delete it.
then tried to load a new one and was surprised to get the red message informing me that i will be able to repost in about 23 hours...
is there a way to repost anyway?
thanks

Darren
08-30-2003, 04:43 PM
Daniel, I believe it has to do with the way in which trekearth is cached. I think if you get that message, and hit f5, the cache will be cleared and you will likely be able to post again. I believe this has happened to me before. Take care.

forlife
08-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks for your input,i tried it but unfortunatelly didnt secceed.
I will wait for Adam's response.
Rafi

Darren
08-30-2003, 04:54 PM
I am sorry Rafi, I got your name mixed up with evilren(Daniel). I keep an eye on both of you, and in my idiocy, I confused your real names. Please accept my apologies.

forlife
08-30-2003, 05:07 PM
Thats perfectly fine Darren,i take it as a compliment...he is a one good photographer....and when it comes from you...well you know you are one of my mentors....absolutelly no problem.

adam
08-30-2003, 06:01 PM
"is there a way to repost anyway?"

How long did you wait after posting the initial image? If it's within 5 minutes, it should be possible to upload again.

forlife
08-30-2003, 06:13 PM
no,it was after 10-15 minutes.

adam
08-30-2003, 06:21 PM
OK, it's working fine then since the time one can re-upload is 5 minutes. This buffer was put in just in case there were any technical problems with the upload, like the thumbnail image not displaying properly etc.

forlife
08-30-2003, 06:29 PM
I understand it if its ment not to put 2 shots the same day but if you delete a photo it will be better if fisible to be able to reload when a shot is deleted.
as i understand now,i will wait for tommorrow,thanks for answering.

will it be possible to change the time of posting?
i.e- 3 hours before the time now.
i can post from 10:30 am our time and would like if possible to be able at 07:30 am on a regular basis.
if its not too much to ask,i would apreciate it.
thanks Adam!

adam
08-30-2003, 06:44 PM
"it will be better if fisible to be able to reload when a shot is deleted."

Some members might tend to delete a shot simply because it hasn't received points etc. This is why it is limited to 5 minutes.

"will it be possible to change the time of posting?"

The limit is refreshed at the same time for everyone, it's not possible for me to set it on a per member basis, sorry.

forlife
08-30-2003, 08:39 PM
ok thanks,i thought that the time was set according to my FIRST upload.no problem.thanks again.