PDA

View Full Version : I just donīt get it.....

Ebbe
05-14-2004, 07:30 PM
My picture from yesterday "The inside" was grey and quite ordinary and got about as many points as I expected, about a dozen. But it has almost 450 views in less than 24 hours, why is that, I have never experienced something like this.

My most viewed pictures has about half of that in half a year. This is weird.

Can anyone explain this.

ninadev
05-14-2004, 07:55 PM
The only possible explanation I could give you is that someone somewhere made a link to your photo on another site and then people come and look at it more frequently. This happened to me on one of my photos (which now has over 1800 views on it - since october 03). It seems that someone on TE discovered that it had been refered to on another site and a link made to it. When I realized that,it had 1000 views after a month only on TE .

I really wonder how we can find out if such links are made to our pictures.

Ebbe
05-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Yeah, that could explain things. To find out I guess one can allways try to Google it if there is no smart way to go backwards in the system.

adam
05-14-2004, 08:01 PM
There are blogs linking to this site, so if a popular one links to a specific photo page, it could potentially be viewed thousands of times within a day.

Ebbe
05-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Funny, and I supposed it was my intention that the pictures should be seen, but what is a blog?

And I am a bit surprised of their choice, there are so many pictures here that are so much better than this one. Except if you are in the business of stainless steel pipes or elevators.

green
05-14-2004, 09:44 PM
A blog is short for web log. Usually a personal log.

bodinux
05-16-2004, 11:30 AM
http://www8.ocn.ne.jp/~ktl/

I looked in Google for photo58507 which is the end of the URL of this picture.

Laurent

Ebbe
05-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Thank you! I took a look on it but they seem to have removed it now. There were a few other TE-links on it aswell. Hard to say what the page was about as it was in Japanese.

Ebbe

bodinux
05-16-2004, 11:49 PM
I used to work in La Defense. I really think you did a great job there !

Ebbe
05-17-2004, 12:31 AM
Thanks. I was staying close to Arch du Triumph and had monday morning free so I took a walk to La Defense in the lovely spring weather. Was longer than I expected, had to take the metro to get back in time.

Strange place, so differnet from the rest of Paris. I live my life in a small town, only about 40000 people in a deep forest district. So it is very different for me to go to places like La Defense. And I am allways happy to return to the forest again.

Ebbe