PDA

View Full Version : 7 focus points in Canon EOS 350D

macsam
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi,

I would like to know about the feature about 7 focus points in Canon EOS 350D. Is it better that the auto focus facility available in Nikon D50.

Thanks in advance

Mac

Clairedelune
09-29-2005, 04:47 AM
Hi Mac,

I'm not sure I understand your question. The only thing I can say is that the Nikon D50 have a 5 focus points. Is is better to have more? I don't know since I'm using manual focus most of the time. And never tried the D50. I looked the Internet sites of reviews for you, but did not find an answer.

So, hope that help!

Claire

macsam
10-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for you help Claire...

Furachan
10-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Having played with both, I would say the AF response is very close, very similar. Both LOCK ON to their target with great speed and definition. The D50 may be a tad better in low light...

AdrianW
10-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Don't forget that lenses play a significant part in the autofocus equation - Canon have three AF motor designs fitted to current lenses: Ring-USM (fastest by a large amount), Micro-motor-USM (less fast), DC-motor (slowest). Often f2.8 lenses will AF faster too, depending on the design of the AF sensor used.

The Nikon range is similar I believe.

In other words, if you're doing a comparison, make sure you're comparing like with like ;)