PDA

View Full Version : digital camera experts please help...

bboss
09-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I just got back from a couple of months in India and plugged my girlfriends camera into my laptop. As I did so the camera battery died and an error message came up ("device not removed properly"). After putting in new batteries the camera now tells me "card not initialised", and so I have lost all my holiday snaps.
Does anyone know if there is anything that I can do to get the pics back? (camera is a fujifilm 2800 if that helps at all)
Does this kind of thing happen frequently with digital cameras?
(And now I am really glad I took my old nikon f3!!)

Please help - 300 irretrievable memories just died.
thanks in anticipation
David

mlopes
09-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Hi David, how was the photos beeing saved? in internal memory?

bboss
09-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Hi Mario
yes, internal memory - a card (smart type)

bibiweb
09-07-2005, 11:49 AM
The chances are that your photos are still on the card. You should find/buy a card reader and plug it into your PC to check. If the card is damaged or the CP can't read it correctly there is also a great software call "Photo Rescue" that will probably help you restore all the images.

Good luck!

bboss
09-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi Brigitte
and thanks so much, that is really good news. I am going directly to my local camera shop to try out your ideas.
My fingers are crossed
cheers, David

mlopes
09-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Yes... if it's a card, you can take it to your local store... i believe everything going to be ok!

Tell us after.

Mario

bboss
09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
yes - everything ok
photos still there, camera just threw a wobbly.
next time I will take a spare card in case
thanks for your help
now I can post a few images (while I wait 2 weeks!!! for my slides to be developed)

cheers, David