PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Adds Four Nominee Members At Paris Meeting

maciekda
07-14-2005, 04:51 PM
just two weeks ago, Magum agency accepted four new nominees - Chris Anderson, Geert van Kesteren, Simon Wheatley and Christina García Rodero.
here is <a href="http://209.11.49.170/pdn/newswire/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000971870">an article about it</a> - following some links there, you can visit <A href="http://www.nppa.org/competitions/best_of_still_photojournalism/2005/">The Best of Photojournalism website</a> - lots of fantastic images and stories...

who from TE will be the first one accepted to Magnum? ;)

Homerhomer
07-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Who will be the first from TE? we have a number of members who IMO have a chance to go very high, but IMHO Sohrab could be one of the lucky guys joining one of the big agencies, there is just something about his photography that makes it very special.

Thanks for heads up.
Peter

markgong
07-15-2005, 02:18 AM
I definately agree with your nominee as well. Sohrab is probably one of the only people on TE who I could see make it into the big leagues. His style is very much his own and his indepth india coverage is just great. One of the most important things a large agency looks for is an indepth local story about one's own community, and Sohrab has this. There are ofcourse others here that I think have great potential as well, and I those of whom have been around TE long enough know just who those members are...one starts with a M and the other starts with a C. :)

Oh yea, I am applying to Magnum's Internship program for the fall and spring...wish me luck!

markgong
07-15-2005, 02:19 AM
Oh an by M, I didn't mean myself.

jinju
07-15-2005, 04:34 AM
Who starts with a C? I cant think of a name now.

markgong
07-15-2005, 04:45 AM
Hmm... C_____ R______...

jinju
07-15-2005, 05:25 AM
Ahh, ofcourse:) I was actually thinking of Luko too. Hes very good.

To tell you the truth, a few people here have the work to be noticed.

sohrab
07-27-2005, 08:48 PM
oooooooh noooooooooo i'm a kid when it comes to photographic experience..
have miles to go..

i hope it's ok if i'm honest here...

i think that at the moment.. there is absolutely NOBODY here who is good enough to get into magnum.. (including me) there maybe potential, but as of NOW!! there's nobody..

we should realise that most of the photoagencies are primarily concerned with photojournalism..
for photojournalism, you need to have photostories as well.. and making a photostory is a different ball game altogether..
even in fine art photography, you need to have works falling under certain themes etc.. and so in both fields you need to have very good BODIES of work..

yes there are photographers at the moment,very capable of getting into wire agencies like AP, AFP , Reuters and so on...

we should also keep in mind, that magnum encourages 'concerned' photography . there is hardly any of that in TE..

at the same time.. we should note that there are fantastic photographers who donot belong to any photoagency..
mary ellen mark, max pam and so on...

as far as i am concerned.. i think.. as of now......in terms of hopes, dreams or whatever.. i'll happier being in an agency like VU there 'alternative' styles of photography are encouraged than in magnum :)
but that's just for now...

Homerhomer
07-27-2005, 09:03 PM
oooooooooooooohhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss, because you are a kid you have a potential to get there (and I am talking about major agencies and not just one in particular), if you were good enough now, you wouldn't be here, you would be there, but you do have the most potential to get there in the future....
Peter