Bamboo beasts by Luko (14000)
merpb (2001) 2005-12-16 9:04
Nice image Luko, I can see that you have tried very hard to hold the classic 3rds rule but I do feel that the final crop does detract from the strength of his left hand and the rope that links to the left side.
That's a small criticism for an otherwise good image (blown highlights could be my monitor)
5 in a row by Fixfocus (9385)
merpb (2001) 2005-12-16 8:51
Nice PoV Hermann but perhaps you could have done better by moving to lose the out of focus vegetation in the foreground (I am not above removing the odd offending branch myself).
The image is a bit flat but perhaps that's the scan but the truncated perspective is effective.
Seine Banks at Night by kensimage (8561)
merpb (2001) 2005-12-16 8:46
And you have captured that essence well Ken.
Nice repetition of the seats and trees broken in the best place by the single figure.
The blown highlight right up the top has a bit to much to say and the frame is a tad heavy handed but neither are overwelming.
- Soviet Architecture (19 photos)
- Just sand, snow, ice (II) (16 photos)
- Old People Portraits (28 photos)
- Food Glorious Food (100 photos)
- Guérande: a region between land and water. (17 photos)
- SPECIAL DEDICATIONS & IMAGES (21 photos)
- Santorini, the "black pearl" (30 photos)
- Voyages à l'étranger (63 photos)
- Doors and Windows (15 photos)