Eiffel Tower by Emilio (40)
merpb (1995) 2008-01-10 7:21
Night time shots are so easy in colour but when they work in black and white they can be spectacular. This one works. To be critical I would crop 3cms from the right as the bridge pier there is slightly to strong and that would also put the tower strong third.
rest and be thankful by compassclark (114)
merpb (1995) 2008-01-10 6:51
Nice shot. I like the juxtaposition of the busy sky with the tranquil landscape. The house is a touch to central for me (I'd preferred to see it placed where the small stand of trees to the right are) but I'm not sure that it's something you can do with crop because then the bland forest on the left has to much to say.
In an ideal world a viewpoint just over the wall to the left may have been worth a try. Nice try though
Berlin Wall by tthys (138)
merpb (1995) 2008-01-10 6:32
A very striking composition with good use of perspective to draw one into the picture. I like the weight of the dark wall which has quite a menacing feel. My only criticism would be the over hanging branches that seem a trifle twee.
- Panorama of istanbul city (12 photos)
- Stockholm, a beauty on water (19 photos)
- Eglises, chapelles et couvents de Corse (1/2) (79 photos)
- Incredible Resemblances (25 photos)
- Sacavém by Juntas (21 photos)
- Campo dei Miracoli (54 photos)
- Chinese children (17 photos)
- Universe, L'univers, Universo, Universum (13 photos)
- Colonial Art of Singapore (12 photos)