secret most subtropical south coast by NaturalLand (613)
waitari (0) 2014-02-05 13:53
Oh yes, I know this place. It left a big impression to us ... where on earth would you fine the most beautiful, most warm place of an island only accessible per foot, and practically uninhabited (the houses are only used in summer, if used at all).
It says, the microclimate is tropical. Yes, we found pineapple plants, bananas and monstera growing. A bit south of 40 degrees latitude. I thought, what creates the climate here to be different than the rest of the island ? The south facing cliff protecting against cold north winds, warming up during day, and no place for cold air to gather during the night, so every night nearly just as warm as the sea, which has 16 degrees in winter, and 24 in summer.
- Fisheye Lens (9 photos)
- Clean Planet No Rubbish (92 photos)
- Weird placenames * Topónimos estrambólicos (48 photos)
- night in the city (56 photos)
- Incredible Resemblances (24 photos)
- Le clan des vestes rouges (18 photos)
- Maisaka 68/06 (36 photos)
- Statens Museum for Kunst (7 photos)
- Primary Colors - Red Yellow Blue (78 photos)