Entrails by ricochet (9696)
vogon (11) 2011-06-28 22:20
The background looks like an expensive stage in a rock concert. But this picture works on so many levels: the contrast of the person's jacket against the balloon's design and also the crumpled texture at the floor against the "orderly" one as the background.
When old women back from the market... by raphaelhcm (792)
vogon (11) 2010-10-12 7:13
This is a fantastic photograph. It is often annoying to find cables flying randomly across an image, but not here. The broken furniture and the withering exteriors of the buildings liven this photo up.
La vecchina di Surriento by cobra112 (15589)
vogon (11) 2010-09-04 9:59
Before reading your note, my first thoughts were as to what was it she was looking at.
Another thing that struck me was the size of the photo. I felt it could have been cropped at the top. But when I tried it here, cutting the balcony out, the impact was a lot less.
All in all, a very good effort.
- Bangkok street musicians and dancers (24 photos)
- Magic Landscapes (21 photos)
- Kev's Favourites of 2007 - 1 (79 photos)
- Humble Rural Architecture of Brazil (53 photos)
- Trek à TERREBONNE (52 photos)
- Salinas a special beach. (24 photos)
- Days in fog (53 photos)
- Jumping with Joy (88 photos)
- People of Sicily (42 photos)