Nordic Seascape by annjackman (18983)
vjmite (3772) 2014-11-03 2:45
A spectacular photo with great textures picked out by the snow. It's almost black and white, except for the top of the lighthouse. Great composition with the lighthouse on its black rock promontory and the bleak mountain massif rising behind it. The photo presents a great sense of wildness at the end of the world.
Yosemite Falls dry by photoray (11451)
vjmite (3772) 2014-10-31 5:27
A nice photo full of bare rock faces, which is what Yosemite is all about. The vegetation stands out well against the greys and oranges of the cliffs.
I was there in September 1988 and Yosemite Falls was dry, and there was smoke from forest fires in the air. The other waterfalls were running though. You will have to get used to the falls drying up more often - welcome to the new climate!
- Guérande: a region between land and water. (17 photos)
- Bridges, locks, dams (100 photos)
- Photographers at work II (95 photos)
- South West Cambridgeshire (51 photos)
- Lakes and Lagoons of Greece (Part 2) (13 photos)
- Chicago (26 photos)
- Hearts (18 photos)
- Ramblas (5 photos)
- Centuries old churches in the philippines (8 photos)