Peeking Through Mesa Arch by danarees (2502)
paul1000 (104) 2005-01-01 2:52
Stunning colours, and I like how the photo includes 4 or 5 great "textures" / images at each layer as you go into the distance.
The arch is interesting.. The cut-out, jagged effect caught my eye, but I wonder if too much understanding of the context is needed in order to prefer this view to a cropped version ommitting it.
Peaceful Autumn Morning by danarees (2502)
paul1000 (104) 2005-01-01 2:46
Wonderful leaf colours accentuated by the crisp contrast with the tree trunks.
A great sense of place has been created by the depth of field, and the compositioninviting you to walk into the picture through into the middle distance in centre-left.
Village in NW England by dharbott (1894)
paul1000 (104) 2004-12-28 19:37
Good shot, capturing the feel of the place well. I wonder if you could have added more detail to the background by increasing the depth of field more. I disagree about cropping trees etc off. I think it helps, and the sun & shadows on the road in bottom left emphasises the summers day nature of the scene.
- Banaue, Ifugao: The Rice Terraces and The People (8 photos)
- The Beautiful Game (40 photos)
- Glacier-Waterton National Park (12 photos)
- MY FAVOURITE BLACK & WHITE IMAGES: (70 photos)
- * Vos Favorites II * (56 photos)
- Amazing China-Sichuan Province (8 photos)
- Barns of the world (93 photos)
- Best shots from Ireland. (22 photos)
- Speed feeling in a tunnel (12 photos)