Three coal miners by jasmis (58006)
nickbiker (58) 2014-04-18 5:00
Hello, Jasmis, Great black and white shot. There's a lot of character showing in the faces of these men who have a hard job, and this picture shows it. Excellent control over depth of field. Focus draws the eye to the man in the middle. But the two men in the background, although not as sharp, it still retains a lot of their personality, especially the man on the left looking off into the distance. The low key exposure adds a lot of atmosphere about their life is like. Great shot.
Alcazar de Cordoba by adramad (45290)
nickbiker (58) 2014-04-12 10:52
Adramad, This is well-composed shot of the Aleazar. The colors are stunning and the clouds add a dramatic touch. The sides of the pool and the line running down the middle from the basin provide good leading lines into the center of the photograph, where most of the action is and the interesting architectural elements are. I visited the Alhambra in Granada a few years ago, and took at least 100 shots but didn't get any that were this good.
- Windows XP background (25 photos)
- Bunnies on the Bayou 2006 (6 photos)
- CHURCHES & BUILDINGS (67 photos)
- Favorites - landscapes 04 (78 photos)
- The Forest Floor (9 photos)
- Composition Analysis Workshops (43 photos)
- Italian Street Painting Festival (5 photos)
- Châteaux (18 photos)
- Deck Chairs and sun beds. (5 photos)