Restoration of Painted Haveli by annjackman (20133)
kmangwani (338) 2011-08-06 4:42
I have heard these painters still use ancient medium to paint their timeless paintings.. like vegetable colors.
This picture has so much speaking about this traditional art and Rajasthan (Shekhawati)being the last bastion of this age old surviving (and living) gallery.
The Burning Ghats by stevesaba (8135)
kmangwani (338) 2011-08-06 4:27
This is the Manikarnika burning ghat (to the extreme left is where the creamtion takes place) and yes all the wood is for the funeral. I have been there and stood on top of the cremation area looking at the bodies coming in by the minute. This place has remained ancient since last atleast 500 years, the only modernity is the people (their dresses give away the contemporary time). This has remained an ageless place.
Unbeleivable and amazing place, where death and life can be seen in one sweep of vision.
Thanks for sharing and bringing back the memories of my own travel there.
- Pays Basque vue en Infrarouge (5 photos)
- My Trip To Tasmania (55 photos)
- Archeology. Mysterious. Historical. Ancient. Old (97 photos)
- Ocean Beach (49 photos)
- A pair of photos with contrast III (97 photos)
- Life in Angola has different faces. (8 photos)
- Icebergs Plus (6 photos)
- The Magic of Lanterns (10 photos)
- Schynige Platte to Grindelwald Trail (26 photos)