The three pyramids by iamxa (3025)
dlrz4114 (214) 2013-04-19 9:55
A place on my list to visit for sure!! ... Others have mentioned the over-saturation on the sky, the real issue is that is hard to appreciate the subject since the strong blue forces the eyes to go up and therefore makes the photo "uncomfortable" to look at. Also there is a noticeable deal of noise and color artifacts on the sky (lack of smoothness) that are competing in a negative way with the texture of the stones IMO.
Akha girl, carrying her young brother by kees6 (103)
dlrz4114 (214) 2011-10-30 9:37
Very impressive photo, the penetrating stare of the kid contrasting with the softer eyes of the girl makes one wonder if in a short time he will be taking care of her ... I also like the dodge/burn work, is more subtle on the girl and much stronger on the boy making him looks tougher. composition wise I would have crop the wood wall on top about half to make the image impact even stronger ... Thanks for sharing this nice photo.
- Mountains of N. America (31 photos)
- Photo du jour - Photo of the day ... [October] (30 photos)
- In the kitchen (44 photos)
- Frascati (98 photos)
- Tuk Tuk (15 photos)
- Archimatica favorites: the top100 (89 photos)
- Torre de Belém (23 photos)
- Trekking in the Himalayas (74 photos)
- Around the Charminar, Hyderabad, India (10 photos)