Blue Morning In Portmagee by SnapRJW (31621)
dabeed (568) 2013-09-23 6:39
Great shot! Love the colorful patchwork of houses. Reminds me of Port-aux-Basques, Newfoundland.
Good compo the reflective foreground works well.
Had to laugh when I read:
"low cloud envelopes the mountains behind the houses"
Mountains?!? In Ireland?
Thanks for sharing.
Harcelement by Vasa (16778)
dabeed (568) 2013-09-18 13:39
I kow that I am way down bottom of a very long list but I just had to comment.
To me the most salient thing in photography is timing.
This shot dispalys that in spades.
Love it ;)
BTW, I have a shot that might be in the same league as this though it might be eliminated from the playoffs:
Feng Huang evening 2 by kenniethlee (126)
dabeed (568) 2013-09-17 9:33
very nice mood captured in this image.
the goose, nicely reflected in the water, makes a wonderful addition as well as the tree across the sky.
the gently twinkling lights and the wonderful skyline add an aura of quiet serenity.
I think I might have cropped a little off the top (above the tree) and perhaps a strip off the bottom but it's a marvelous photograph of an intriguing place.
Château Frontenac #2 by jacquest (18863)
dabeed (568) 2013-09-11 3:29
It is hard to get a fresh perspective of a building that is photographed so often but I think you have achieved that and more.
Great POV and good compo.
I like all the turrets, towers and dormers.
thanks for sharing
- Beeches of Slovenia (8 photos)
- My own favorites (64 photos)
- Milos island-my favourite of the Cyclades (35 photos)
- My favorite photos (14) (Gatti Matti) (95 photos)
- CATHEDRAL OF OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS, LOS ANGELES (10 photos)
- D71, route corniche de la Balagne (34 photos)
- FOROLLHOGNA NATIONAL PARK (30 photos)
- Barcelona my city 2 (97 photos)
- Noel Cambrai 2006 (20 photos)