The Conductor by vincz (19113)
charlotte_iona (1115) 2009-04-25 4:32
Ah, that lens is a winner huh? I wish I used mine more often, the results are so good, but it's just so heavy! You've used it well here - the two women stand out beautifully against the bokeh background. Great lighting too, and you've composed it perfectly so that the outlines of the two women's hats fit together almost like a jigsaw.
Spring beach by bobocortis (15946)
charlotte_iona (1115) 2009-04-25 4:28
Great shapes and great colours. Although I'm never a fan of centrally-placed horizons (call me conventional, but the "rule of thirds" is a rule of thumb for a good reason!), but it works okay here because of the symmetry in the repeated shapes of the trees.
Through the generations by giorgimer (34814)
charlotte_iona (1115) 2009-04-25 4:11
I love how the branches of the trees frame the simple scene of the two fishers and the lake. You've composed it well so that although the trees take up a lot of the frame, they don't overwhelm the two figures, because they still stand out against the lake. Well done.
- Bicycles (97 photos)
- Cumbria, including the Lake District (54 photos)
- Ballades au Palais Royal (21 photos)
- Miscellaneous photos / Mes autres photos (21 photos)
- Yosemite Tunnel View (25 photos)
- People of Lipari (8 photos)
- THE STREETS OF HO CHI MIN, VIETNAM (10 photos)
- Persian Food ( Iranian Different types of food ) (3 photos)
- Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park (17 photos)