Anti-War Rally by adam (860)
rchristiansmith (228) 2007-01-02 12:27
With all the cropping, filtering and unsharp masking of information today, the big picture has gotten so polarized, oversaturated and distorted. Oh, were things were more black and white....
I enjoy photojournalism for it's 'wake up call' that occasionally changes the world. (If only 'moments of truth' weren't so momentary.) Photographic evidence is so important--just ask Kenya's Kikuyu people who, for lack of photographic evidence, endured Britain's horrific gulags for far too long--see Caroline Elkin's Pulitzer-prize winning book, Imperial Reckoning. Or, perhaps more appropriately to the photo, ask those in Abu Ghraib. Thanks for the photojournalism, Adam. I'd have to say, too, that I just feel better for having seen the photo.
- my kids (57 photos)
- La Cathédrale Saint Nicolas de Fribourg (21 photos)
- Traditional bread and bakers (28 photos)
- Sunrise and sunset (44 photos)
- Places I would like to visit (38 photos)
- Driving Big Sur from LAX (75 photos)
- Praias - Beaches 1 (72 photos)
- Children of the world (92 photos)
- Montserrat (6 photos)