Anti-War Rally by adam (860)
rchristiansmith (228) 2007-01-02 12:27
With all the cropping, filtering and unsharp masking of information today, the big picture has gotten so polarized, oversaturated and distorted. Oh, were things were more black and white....
I enjoy photojournalism for it's 'wake up call' that occasionally changes the world. (If only 'moments of truth' weren't so momentary.) Photographic evidence is so important--just ask Kenya's Kikuyu people who, for lack of photographic evidence, endured Britain's horrific gulags for far too long--see Caroline Elkin's Pulitzer-prize winning book, Imperial Reckoning. Or, perhaps more appropriately to the photo, ask those in Abu Ghraib. Thanks for the photojournalism, Adam. I'd have to say, too, that I just feel better for having seen the photo.
- Musical Entertainers (41 photos)
- GB Red Telephone kiosks. (94 photos)
- Balade en Lozère (14 photos)
- hélicoptères (18 photos)
- Confluência de Grau Zero - Confluence of Grau Zero (1 photos)
- My favorites (Dec 04 - Sept 07) (100 photos)
- Nighthawks (23 photos)
- My Dutch river and polder landscapes (15 photos)
- Mountains (53 photos)