Anti-War Rally by adam (860)
rchristiansmith (228) 2007-01-02 12:27
With all the cropping, filtering and unsharp masking of information today, the big picture has gotten so polarized, oversaturated and distorted. Oh, were things were more black and white....
I enjoy photojournalism for it's 'wake up call' that occasionally changes the world. (If only 'moments of truth' weren't so momentary.) Photographic evidence is so important--just ask Kenya's Kikuyu people who, for lack of photographic evidence, endured Britain's horrific gulags for far too long--see Caroline Elkin's Pulitzer-prize winning book, Imperial Reckoning. Or, perhaps more appropriately to the photo, ask those in Abu Ghraib. Thanks for the photojournalism, Adam. I'd have to say, too, that I just feel better for having seen the photo.
- moody Saloniki (7 photos)
- Darjeeling And It's Surrounding (26 photos)
- Flowers / Fleurs (13 photos)
- beach, plage (95 photos)
- Flight of the Birds (52 photos)
- Photos people have asked me to use for projects (6 photos)
- Penang - UNESCO World Heritage (36 photos)
- Poffabbro, a lovely italian village (14 photos)
- Fairgrounds (75 photos)