Anti-War Rally by adam (860)
rchristiansmith (228) 2007-01-02 12:27
With all the cropping, filtering and unsharp masking of information today, the big picture has gotten so polarized, oversaturated and distorted. Oh, were things were more black and white....
I enjoy photojournalism for it's 'wake up call' that occasionally changes the world. (If only 'moments of truth' weren't so momentary.) Photographic evidence is so important--just ask Kenya's Kikuyu people who, for lack of photographic evidence, endured Britain's horrific gulags for far too long--see Caroline Elkin's Pulitzer-prize winning book, Imperial Reckoning. Or, perhaps more appropriately to the photo, ask those in Abu Ghraib. Thanks for the photojournalism, Adam. I'd have to say, too, that I just feel better for having seen the photo.
- USA - SAN FRANCISCO & LAKE TAHOE ! (94 photos)
- Children of India 2 (91 photos)
- The Sunshine State-the real Florida (24 photos)
- WHISTLING BOATSWAIN'S PIPE (5 photos)
- SKY ALL OVER THE WORLD HAVE THE SAME LANGUAGE (47 photos)
- sohrab's favourites (52 photos)
- Demolition By Neglect (56 photos)
- Beside the seaside (12 photos)
- vision souterraine (100 photos)