Anti-War Rally by adam (860)
rchristiansmith (228) 2007-01-02 12:27
With all the cropping, filtering and unsharp masking of information today, the big picture has gotten so polarized, oversaturated and distorted. Oh, were things were more black and white....
I enjoy photojournalism for it's 'wake up call' that occasionally changes the world. (If only 'moments of truth' weren't so momentary.) Photographic evidence is so important--just ask Kenya's Kikuyu people who, for lack of photographic evidence, endured Britain's horrific gulags for far too long--see Caroline Elkin's Pulitzer-prize winning book, Imperial Reckoning. Or, perhaps more appropriately to the photo, ask those in Abu Ghraib. Thanks for the photojournalism, Adam. I'd have to say, too, that I just feel better for having seen the photo.
- Rio de Janeiro, a virtual citytour. (27 photos)
- Deschutes Moods (31 photos)
- COLORFULL (88 photos)
- paraski (11 photos)
- Bangkok street musicians and dancers (24 photos)
- Devimeuxbe's favorites on TE ( I ) (91 photos)
- Weaver's Cooperative - Chinchero - Peru (8 photos)
- Structures (7 photos)
- evvka's favorite from TE#1 (94 photos)