Kashmiri Pathan by satyakki (640)
TMLH (2325) 2010-11-16 9:07
The only thing I like about this photo is the subject it is a nice snap shot
However, I think that the High contrast or HDR effect is disastrous in this situation. Shadow details are lost.
I suggest you use flash to fill in the shadow areas and reduce the highlight on the turban or alternatively move the subject to a area where the lighting is more diffuse
My feeling a softer B&W photo will have more impact
the fair, Pushkar... by scalerman (26900)
TMLH (2325) 2008-11-13 23:47
This is what I call "A Look Can Kill", very interesting to see so many different opinions. Some like the background while others find is distracting.
Personally, I find that this is a great photo the characteristic of a big f/apture long lens with a nice bokeh, the off focus cow in the background balance the composition without taking the lime light of the main subject.
I would have done the same.
- Holi powders, the colors of India (19 photos)
- Nativity in Monsaraz (18 photos)
- Parque Estadual do Ibitipoca (29 photos)
- Old Bridges (63 photos)
- Arcs en ciel - Rainbows (28 photos)
- Archaeological and Ancient Sites of Turkey/Part 3 (37 photos)
- Sunsets in Brazil (42 photos)
- Frogs & Toads (49 photos)
- Azulejos in Portugal and former colonies (39 photos)