Kashmiri Pathan by satyakki (640)
TMLH (2325) 2010-11-16 9:07
The only thing I like about this photo is the subject it is a nice snap shot
However, I think that the High contrast or HDR effect is disastrous in this situation. Shadow details are lost.
I suggest you use flash to fill in the shadow areas and reduce the highlight on the turban or alternatively move the subject to a area where the lighting is more diffuse
My feeling a softer B&W photo will have more impact
the fair, Pushkar... by scalerman (26900)
TMLH (2325) 2008-11-13 23:47
This is what I call "A Look Can Kill", very interesting to see so many different opinions. Some like the background while others find is distracting.
Personally, I find that this is a great photo the characteristic of a big f/apture long lens with a nice bokeh, the off focus cow in the background balance the composition without taking the lime light of the main subject.
I would have done the same.
- contes et legendes d'ici et d'ailleurs (9 photos)
- Arnaldo Pomodoro. Sphere within sphere (16 photos)
- Rural England (11 photos)
- Salt of the Earth (51 photos)
- Life on the wall (25 photos)
- Beautiful mornings (23 photos)
- Santorini, the "black pearl" (30 photos)
- Ma galerie "Enfants De Tous Pays" (8 photos)
- Desert Places - Endroits Déserts (58 photos)