St Nicholas Church Tallinn by ChrisJ (105455)
desertpete01 (4) 2015-06-24 23:11
Someone did an improvement to this in the workshop...and yes, their version has a much stronger composition and is more dramatic and attention-getting, more commanding if you will, BUT: I like both versions equally. Theirs, as mentioned, is compositionally stronger but emotionally it's somehow more neutral than your original, which I find more evocative, probably due to having more sky and the whole dead tree in it. It SAYS more than the improved version, IMHO.
Marrakech Museum by ChrisJ (105455)
SnapRJW (31627) 2014-03-24 4:38
A captivating photograph Chris. As you rightly say the blue-grey doorway and figure make an excellent contrasting detail in this highly patterned interior.
You handled the low light very well and the result is crisply detailed. My shots at 1/15 are usually very blurry!
Amsterdam Cathedral by ChrisJ (105455)
Shkaro (58) 2014-02-14 9:40
Love the framing in this one, very well executed. Color palette is also so very well toned, just have to love that late day sunshine which turns everything to brass..amazing. I'll be visiting Amsterdam in April and hopefully come back with a photo like this one ;)
- New Zealand Honeymoon (10 photos)
- Macedonia, Land of Archaeology (9 photos)
- Photos that have a movie title III (69 photos)
- Couleurs d'automne au Québec fall colors (100 photos)
- Bois de Vincennes (5 photos)
- Paris - Metro (11 photos)
- Festival Arbres et Lumières Genève (35 photos)
- Night Views (19 photos)
- Negev - The Israeli Desert (35 photos)